Stress Due To Work Conditions As A Homicide Detective
Stress is a component of life as a Homicide Detective, and relieving it is a necessity. It is one of the toughest jobs in law enforcement to investigate a homicide. Stress in this profession ranges from tracking down suspects to danger while apprehending the criminal. A Homicide Detective witnesses the most inhumane act of a person against another, i.e, a murder. To cop with such stressful situations, a Homicide Detective can follow the following steps to de-stress.
Homicide Detective : Work Stress
Homicide Detective- How To Relieve Stress
1. Keep work at work
- Keep your work away from home. Learn to separate between office life and home life.
- Relax at home in the company of friends and family members without the burden of the case running through your head all the time.
- Due to unrealistic work hours, personal relations can become strained. Plan an outing with your partner whenever you have time, and spend quality time with your kids.
- Plan activities like picnics, outings, hiking etc. that brings the family closer.
2. Prepare Yourself
- Many cases take years to solve, so a Homicide Detective must be prepared for a long search for the killer.
- He must build a strong case, especially when it involves un-co-operative witnesses.
- He should analyse every case and situation separately, so as to uncover any fact he may have missed.
- Yoga is a great stress buster, plus it helps the body to relax and helps in curing various diseases.
- Practising yoga not only helps to de-stress, but it also rejuvenates the body and makes the mind more alert and sharp, and one can go back to work with renewed energy and determination.
4. Psychological Help
- Since they cant talk about it with anyone, they can share their feelings with their mental health counsellor and discuss their feelings and emotional anger, if any.